He laboured the point that we should be punctual.
他过分强调我们应该准时。
He laboured the point that the defendant killed the boy accidentally.
他过分强调被告是意外杀死了那个男孩的。
He laboured the point that we should always be honest.
他强调我们应该永远诚实。
The Chinese make a point of their personal honor.
中国人特别重视个人面子。
She makes a point of countering his advice.
她决意反驳他的建议。
make it a point to-vThe people make it a point to esteem the art of conversation in France.
在法国,人们十分重视谈话技巧。
There's no point in starting the task unless you're prepared to carry it through to the end.
如果你不准备做到底的话,动手做这一工作是毫无意义的。
There's no point in abandoning oneself to a life pleasure.
人只沉溺于放荡的生活之中是没有意义的。
There's no point in agreeing to accompany him to the theater.
答应陪他去剧院是没有用的。
I see no point in eating out so often with a spacious and well-equipped kitchen at home.
我不明白家里有这么宽敞、设备齐全的厨房,为什么还要经常到外面吃饭。
I can see no point in fighting it out; why do you want to argue?
我看争来争去没有意思,你们为什么要争论呢?
I was on the point of going to bed when you rang.
你打电话的时候我正要睡觉。
He is on the point of sending for you.
他正要派人去请你。
I was on the point of leaving when you called.
我正准备要走,你突然来了电话。
He took up a stick, pointed against the wall, and didn't allow anyone to pass by.
他拿起一根棍子,顶着墙,不让任何人通行。
The little boy played with his grandmother, his toy gun pointing against her head.
小男孩和奶奶一起玩,他的玩具枪对着奶奶的脑袋。
The old man pointed at one of the largest and most expensive of the puddings and said,“Kindly pack me up this here.”
老汉指着其中一个最大、最贵的布丁说:“劳驾,请把这边的这个给我包装一下。”
The guide pointed at a pagoda and told us that it was built hundreds of years ago.
导游指着一座宝塔,告诉我们说这是数百年前修建的。
point sth at sb/sthThe enemy pointed their guns at her head but she was not afraid.
敌人把枪口对着她的头,但她并不害怕。
He pointed the telescope at a deer on the hillside.
他把望远镜对着山坡上的一只鹿。
The fireman pointed his hose at the flames.
消防队员将水龙头对准火焰。
The team was pointing for the game with the neighbouring college.
球队正在准备迎接与邻近那所大学的比赛。
She has forgotten to point off the last two figures of 4235.
她忘了把4235的最后两位用小数点分开。
The guide pointed out the principal sights of the city.
导游指点出该城市的主要观光景点。
The teacher pointed out the mistakes in my composition.
老师给我指出了作文中的错误。
He pointed out the advantages of the plan.
他对我提出了这一计划的许多优点。
The arrow on the sign points out the right way to go.
牌子上的箭头指示该走哪条路。
He proudly pointed out the biggest sheep, which already weighed 150 kilograms.
他骄傲地把最大的一只羊指给我们看,它已经有150公斤重了。
Look at the photographs and see if you can point out the man who attacked you.
看看这些照片,瞧能不能认出袭击你的那个人。
If I make any mistakes, please point them out.
如果我出了错,请指出。
Can you point me out in this picture?
你能指出这张照片上哪个是我吗?
Mistakes in the printing should be pointed out at once.
印刷品上的错误应立即予以指出。
point out that-clauseThe clerk to whom we handed the form pointed out that it had not been properly filled in.
接受我们所交表格的办事员指出,我们填写得不合要求。
The school secretary pointed out that the closing date for making applications had passed.
学校秘书叫人注意申请日期已经过了。
point sb/sth ⇔ out to sbAs we passed through the street he pointed out the museum to me.
当我们经过大街时,他把博物馆指给我看。
He pointed out the finest pictures to me.
他把最好的图画指给我看。
Luckily the man knew Mr. Green and pointed him out to us.
幸好这个人认识格林先生,把他指给我们看。
The guide took us through the city, pointing interesting sights out to us.
那位导游领着我们穿过城市并把沿途风景指给我们看。
I pointed out to him the folly of his conduct.
我向他指出了他行为愚蠢。
It is time someone pointed out to Tom the stupidity of his behavior.
该有人提醒汤姆注意其行为的愚蠢了。
What important buildings did the guide point out to you in your trip around the city?
您参观这座城市的时候,导游向您指出了哪些重要的建筑物?
It was pointed out to us that the office was closed.
我们被告知办公室关门了。
It was pointed out to him that his application had arrived late, and therefore the committee were under no obligation to consider it.
他被告知说,他的申请书到晚了,因此委员会无法进行考虑。
They pointed us out the building.
两句都指他们为我们指出那座建筑物。