It can be very embarrassing to have to listen to someone patting you on the back in public.
不得已而需要在大庭广众之下听人赞扬自己会使你很窘。
Her performance wasn't so wonderful—I don't know what cause she has to pat herself on the back.
她的表演并不怎么精彩——我不知道她有什么理由自鸣得意。
The first minutes of his speech consisted mainly of patting himself on the back.
他发言的前几分钟主要是自吹自擂。
The crowd backed away to let the wounded man pass through.
人群向后退,让受伤的人通过。
back away from sthThe child backed away from the fierce dog.
那孩子害怕那只恶狗,直往后退。
back away from sthI could see she was backing away from the idea.
我看得出来她不愿考虑这一意见。
I saw that she was right, so I had to back down.
我看到她是正确的,所以我只好放弃原来的主张。
Be careful when you back into the garage, the doorway is very narrow.
你把车倒入车库时要小心,门道很窄。
back sth into sthNext you must learn how to back a car into a parking space.
下一步你应该学会如何把车倒入停车的空地。
Our house backs onto a piece of woodland.
我们的房屋后面是一块林地。
We chose this house because the garden backs onto the tennis courts.
我们选择这一住宅是因为它的花园背靠着网球场。
I hope I can depend on you not to back out at the last moment.
我希望能信赖你不至于在最后关头撒手不干。
Please don't try to back out now that everything's been arranged.
既然一切都已安排妥当,请不要试图改变主意。
You said you would go; you can't back out now.
你答应要去,你不能食言啊!
back out of sthHe would like to back out of the contract, but we can't allow it.
他想取消这个合同,但是我们不能答应。
The policeman wouldn't have believed me if you hadn't backed me up.
如果当时没有你的支持,警察是不会相信我的。
He backed up his arguments with facts.
他以事实支持自己的论点。
back sth ⇔ upThe flood water from the storm backed up the pipes.
暴雨引起的洪水堵塞了管道。
back upYou'll have to back up and turn around.
你将不得不往后退并转身。
back sth ⇔ upMake sure you back up the disk before you turn the computer off.
在你关机之前要确定磁盘已存档。
Give me my watch back.(NOT Give me my watch again.)
Can you play it again?
The bike you sold me is too small.
If we buy this house and then have to move somewhere else, how easy will it be to sell it again?
Stefan can never return to his country (again).
I stood up, and then I sat (back) down (again).
Take back your money.
Count the money again, please.(NOT Count again the money.)