I can scrape along on a reductive income for a short time, but not for ever.
收入减少后短期内我还可以凑合着过,但不能长期这样下去。
We don't have much money but we scrape along somehow.
虽然我们没多少钱,但是还可以过得下去。
She spent three years at college, scraping along on an allowance from her parents.
她靠父母的津贴勉勉强强地在大学里度过了三年。
Scraping away patiently in soil with their fingers, the team of scientists discovered the ruins of an ancient civilization.
这组科学家耐心地用手指在泥土中扒,从而发现了一个古代文明的遗迹。
scrape sth ⇔ awayScraping the snow away, they found a car buried underneath!
铲去积雪后,他们发现下面埋着一辆汽车!
I scraped by borrowing from my relations until my next cheque arrived.
在另一张支票寄来以前,我一直从亲属那里借钱勉强度日。
The train was crowded, but I scraped in just before the door closed.
火车上拥挤不堪,但就在关门之前,我强挤了进去。
Many men who only scrape in to the army college make the best officers.
不少勉强被军事院校录取的人成了最优秀的军官。
Scrape the mud off your shoes before entering the library.
进图书馆前请先擦去鞋上的泥。
She scraped the rust off the kitchen knife.
她擦掉了菜刀上的锈。
The boy fell and scraped the skin off his knee.
这男孩摔了一跤,擦破了膝盖上的皮。
First scrape out the seeds, then cut the fruit into pieces.
先刮去水果的籽,然后再把它们切成块。
This animal scrapes out a hole in the sand to lay its eggs in.
这只动物在沙地上挖了个洞,以便在里面下蛋。
The boys scraped out a hollow place for planting trees.
那些孩子挖了个坑准备栽树。
The ashes must be scraped out from the stove.
炉里的灰必须掏尽。
The bars were so close together that I don't know how it was able to scrape through.
它们(栅栏杆)排列这么紧密,我真不知它怎么挤过去的。
The walls of the cave come to a narrow point just ahead, but I think we can scrape through.
前面就是洞壁最狭窄处,不过我想我们能挤得过去。
Some of you deserved to succeed, and others only scraped through.
你们当中有些人取得成功是理所当然的,而有些人只是勉强通过。
Our dog used to escape by scraping through the bars of his fence.
我们那条狗过去常从阻挡它的栅栏杆之间挤过去。
Jail got into the music school by scraping through the examination.
杰尔勉强通过了音乐学院的考试,被录取了。
I'll have to scrape together some money for a sight-seeing trip.
我得积蓄点钱去旅游。
I'll try to scrape a team together for tomorrow's game.
我设法拼凑成一个球队参加明天的比赛。
Scrape the dead leaves together into a pile, and then we can burn them.
请把枯叶聚成一堆,我们也好烧掉。
After years of living in the same street, my neighbour and I had done no more than scrape up an acquaintance.
我和我的邻居在同一条街住了多年,但只不过是一般相识而已。
They're some people we scraped up an acquaintance with on holiday.
他们是我在假期里结识的。
She was so lonely during her holiday that she would have scraped up an acquaintance with almost anyone.
假期中她感到非常孤独,因此几乎愿意跟任何人结交。