The bus stopped at an obscure little town. 公共汽车停在一个不知名的小城里。
Just then a bus came by so we got on and rode home. 正好那时过来一辆公共汽车,我们就坐上车回家了。
The bus broke down when we were ten kilometres short of the resort. 当我们还差10公里到休养地时,汽车发生了故障。
The buses, all of which were already full, were surrounded by an angry crowd. 汽车都已挤满,可是仍然被愤怒的人群包围着。
I need some change to take the bus. 我需要些零钱乘公共汽车。
I decided to cycle into town instead of taking the bus. 我决定骑自行车进城,而不乘公共汽车。
I missed the bus and didn't get to the office until ten o'clock. 我错过了那班汽车,10点钟才到办公室。
May I point out that if we don't leave now we shall miss the bus. 我想提醒大家注意,如果我们现在不走,就会赶不上公共汽车。
While waiting for the bus,I killed time by reading a novel. 我在等车的时候,看小说消磨时间。
The motor factories keep pouring out millions of cars, trucks and buses every year. 这些汽车厂每年不断生产许多小汽车、卡车和公共汽车。
Tom directed him to the bus stop. 汤姆指点他如何去汽车站。
The bus route was circular. 这条公共汽车线路是环形的。
The bus driver is responsible for the passengers' safety. 公共汽车司机对乘客的安全负责。
The argument ensued between us and the bus driver from this misunderstanding. 这场争论引起了我们和汽车司机之间的唇枪舌剑。
The bus service was discontinued because nobody used it. 那条公交线因没有乘客而停止营运。
The collapse of the strike enabled the company to resume normal bus services. 罢工的失败使公司恢复了正常的公共汽车营业。
He comes to school by bus because he is too lazy to walk. 他乘公共汽车上学,因为他懒得走路。
You should be careful of sticky fingers in the bus. 在公共汽车上有小偷,你应小心点。
He had an awful encounter with the conductor in the bus. 他在公共汽车上和售票员发生了激烈的冲突。
It's customary in China for a person to give up his seat to an old or disabled man or a pregnant woman in a crowded bus. 在中国,在拥挤的公共汽车上,一个人给老人或残疾人或孕妇让座位是通常的事情。
When my daughter was working in the North, we went to visit her, but she came south in a bus. 我女儿在北方工作时,我们去看她,她却乘一辆公共汽车南下了。
If you have a car, you're independent of trams and buses. 如果你有了一辆汽车,就不用依靠电车和公共汽车了。
I saw him on the bus. 我在公共汽车上见到了他。
On the bus I always manage to glance at the headlines in the newspapers. 在公共汽车上我总能设法简略地扫一眼报纸上的大标题。
You'd have to change buses at least twice. 你最少得换两次车。