Lean against my arm,I will support you.
靠在我胳膊上,我来扶住你。
The boy stood leaning against the sofa.
那个男孩倚着沙发站着。
The old man leaned against the wall, bewailing his misfortune.
老汉靠在墙上,哀叹自己的不幸。
We had to lean against the strong wind in order to move forward at all.
为了继续前进,我们只好顶着大风走。
lean sth against sthHe leaned his back against the wall.
他背靠在墙上。
The child leaned his back against the fence.
孩子靠在栅栏上。
Lean the board against the wall, it is in the way.
把板子靠在墙上,它挡道。
Lean a ladder against a wall.
把梯子靠在墙上。
lean against sthThe courts tend to be influenced by a man's past, and lean against such a prisoner, so it is no longer permitted in court to mention a man's earlier crimes.
在押犯的历史容易影响法官的态度,从而产生偏见。所以,法庭上再也不容许提及被告人有前科。
The old woman leaned back in the chair and took a nap.
老妇人靠在椅子上打盹。
The willows leaned back under a stiff wind.
柳树被风吹得直向后仰。
I leaned back to get a better view, and fell off the chair.
我向后仰,本想看清楚些,结果却从椅子上摔了下来。
lean sth ⇔ backWe leaned the poles back against the wall.
我们把这些竿子斜倚在墙上。
Please don't lean your chair back, you'll break it.
请不要坐在椅子上往后仰,你会把椅子弄坏的。
Tony was too tall that he had to lean down to get through the doorway.
托尼个子太高了,进门时不得不弯下腰来。
The branches leaned down to the ground, heavy with the weight of the fruit.
累累的果实使枝头垂向地面。
lean sb/sth ⇔ down to-vShe leaned her face down to be kissed by the child.
她弯下腰让孩子吻她。
He leaned forward and looked into the hole.
他弯腰往洞里张望。
Don't lean too far forward, you might fall over board.
身子不要向前探过头,那样会从船甲板上掉下去的。
He leaned forward and patted me on the shoulder.
他向前倾着身子并拍我的肩膀。
lean sth ⇔ forwardHe leaned his head forward.
他低着头。
I leaned my head forward to hear what they were saying.
我把头掉过去,听听他们在说什么。
Lean on me if you feel dizzy.
如果你觉得头晕,就靠在我身上好了。
Don't lean so heavily on me.
别这么使劲地靠在我身上。
I know you are tired;please lean on my arm.
我知道你累了,请靠在我臂上吧。
Lean on my arm,I will help you to walk.
靠着我的肩头,我扶着你走。
If you lean upon those wet railings you'll dirty your sleeve.
你若靠在那些湿栏杆上,会弄脏袖子的。
He leaned upon the table.
他靠在桌子上。
She sang the song leaning on the piano.
她倚着钢琴唱这支歌。
lean sth on〔upon〕 sb/sthLeaning her head on my shoulder, she began to cry.
她把头靠在我的肩上哭了起来。
Don't lean your elbows upon the table, it's not polite.
别把胳膊肘支在桌子上,那样不礼貌。
lean on〔upon〕 sb/sthDo not lean too much on others.
不要太依赖别人。
They always lean on us when they're in trouble.
他们有麻烦时总是依赖我们。
You have to make your own way in the world, and not lean on your father for the rest of your life.
你得自己闯出一条路来,不能后半辈子也依靠你父亲。
Do it yourself, don't lean on others for support.
自己做,不要依赖别人的支持。
lean on sbIf you pay the gang the thousand pounds, they'll only lean on you for more.
如果你把这一千英镑拿给这帮歹徒,他们只会向你勒索更多的钱。
We were supposed to share the profit from the jewel robbery, but now he's hidden them— we might have to lean on him a little.
珠宝本应平分,可他却把东西藏了起来,看来我们得给他点颜色。
Please don't lean out.
请别把头探出去。
She went to the window and leaned out.
她走向窗子,将身子伸出去。
lean sth ⇔ outLean your head out for a moment and see if it's raining.
把头伸出去,看看是不是在下雨。
He went to the parapet and leaned over.
他走到栏杆前,俯身靠在栏杆上。
John leaned over and whispered something into my ear.
约翰伸过头来,向我轻轻耳语了一番。
The small tree leans over in the wind.
那棵小树在风中倾斜着。
The old building is leaning over at a dangerous angle and may fall at any moment.
这座年代已久的建筑已倾斜到了很危险的程度,随时都有可能倒塌。
As Jim leaned over to pick up the pen, he felt a sharp pain in his back.
吉姆弯腰拾钢笔时,后背一阵剧痛。
Please don't lean over me while I'm working, it annoys me.
我干活时别趴在我身上,怪烦人的。
If you lean over the railing and look ahead , you'll see the river.
你凭栏远眺,就可以看到那条河。
The pair of lovers were leaning over the bridge, looking into the water.
这对情侣趴在桥上,望着河水。
The clerk leaned over the counter.
那位职员趴在柜台上。
He leans over backwards to make up for what he has lost.
他尽力弥补他的损失。
Jackson is leaning over backwards to persuade his wealthy uncle.
杰克逊想尽种种办法去讨好他那个有钱的叔叔。
He leaned over backwards to prove he was unprejudiced.
他极力证明自己是没有成见的。
Tom leaned over backwards to try to impress the manager.
汤姆尽力想给经理一个好印象。
I practically leaned over backwards to persuade him to stay, but to no avail.
为劝他留下来,我可算是苦口婆心,可他说什么也不肯。
I've leant over backwards to help her.
我已竭尽全力帮助她。
The child leaned towards his mother and fell headlong in front of her.
孩子向母亲弯过身去,在她面前一头栽倒了。
I had to lean towards the secretary to hear what she was saying.
为了听清秘书在说什么,我只好把身子探过去。
If you lean too far towards the water, you might fall in.
你身子要是朝水面斜得太厉害,说不定要掉进水里。
lean towards sth/v-ingYoung people today lean towards casual clothes.
现在的年轻人倾向于穿休闲装。
Having lived in Shanghai for a decade or so, he still leans towards his native dishes.
在上海虽已住了10年左右,他还是喜欢吃家乡菜。
His interest leans towards biochemistry.
他的兴趣在生物化学方面。
Personally I lean towards a teaching career.
就我个人来说,我倾向于从事教学工作。
I lean towards the belief that there should be education for everybody.
我倾向于这样的信念,教育应当面向大众。
Do some oriental philosophies lean towards fatalism?
有些东方的哲学家倾向于宿命论吗?
He leans towards the opinion that we should leave here at once.
他倾向于我们马上离开这儿。
I lean towards letting him go along.
我倾向于让他一个人去。
lean sb towards sth/v-ingRecent events lean me more towards favouring longer years of imprisonment.
最近发生的事件更使我倾向于这种意见:延长罪犯关押年限。