Our strength lies in the people, and together we cannot lose. 我们的力量在于人民,大家团结在一起就不会失败。
The invalid is losing. 病人日益衰弱。
Does your watch gain or lose? 你的表走得快还是走得慢?
用作及物动词S+~+ n./pron.
I cannot write to her as I've lost her address. 我丢失了她的地址,没法给她写信。
We guarantee we'll never lose an inch of ground. 我们保证绝不丢失一寸土地。
He nearly lost his eyesight. 他几乎失明了。
They have gradually lost their illusions about winning the war. 他们对打赢那场战争已渐渐失去幻想。
I've just lost his name. 我一下忘记了他的名字。
After five hundred he lost count. 数过了500,他就忘记数到哪儿了。
Hurry up or we will lose the train. 快点,要不就赶不上火车了。
Losing the post, he failed to send out the letters. 他没赶上邮局收信的时间,未能把那些信寄出去。
I hope we won't lose the competition. 我希望我们不会输掉这场比赛。
The team played well, but lost the game. 这个球队打得不错,但还是输了这场比赛。
I lost myself. 我迷失了方向。
She lost her reason. 她失去了理智。
Mark was surrounded by so many dangers that he lost his balance. 马克感到自己处于危险之中,因此心慌意乱。
I keep trying to get Keith to tidy his room but I'm losing my battle. 我一直要凯思整理自己的房间,但看来我这样做是徒劳的。
He lost his health at last. 最后他的身体垮了。
While climbing up the stairs the old man always loses his breath. 那老人上楼时总是气喘吁吁的。
You asked that poor little girl so many questions that she almost lost her bearings. 你问了那可怜的小姑娘那么多问题,她几乎被搞糊涂了。
We're going to steal some apples from Farmer Jones's orchard. Why won't you come with us?Lost your bottle? 我们要去农民琼斯的果园里偷苹果,你为什么不和我们一起去?你害怕了?
The mayor lost control of himself for a moment, but he soon calmed down. 有那么一会儿,市长也忍不住发起了脾气,但他很快就镇静下来了。
The teacher has lost control of the class;he will have to be replaced. 这个老师已控制不住该班,他将被撤换掉。
Although the group was in danger from a threatened avalanche, their guide never lost his cool. 尽管这伙人面临雪崩的危险,但他们的向导仍不失常态。
He was so interested in the TV programme that he lost time. 他兴趣盎然地观看那个电视节目,耽误了时间。
In times of difficulty, we must not lose hope. 我们在面临困难的时候,不要丧失希望。
Sorry, would you mind repeating that point?I seem to have lost the drift of the argument. 对不起,请你重复一下你那个论点,在辩论中我似乎没有搞清楚。
The child must go and see a doctor, he has lost his colour lately. 这孩子必须去看医生,他近来气色不佳。
He lost his patience when he broke the key in the lock. 当钥匙断在锁中时,他失去了耐心。
John's careless work made him lose face with his employer. 约翰粗心的工作使他在雇主面前丢了脸。
The difficulty is going to be how to admit the mistake without losing face. 难就难在既要承认错误,又要不失面子。
For several years,Britain has steadily lost ground in the markets for manufactured goods. 这些年来,英国已在持续不断地失去商品市场。
The colonel seemed to lose his head as we went into action, and as a consequence the regiment suffered many casualties. 当我们投入战斗时,上校的样子很慌张,结果这个团遭受了大量的伤亡。
She lost her head when she found the house on fire. 她发现房子着了火而惊慌失措。
When the fire broke out in the movies, the people lost their heads and ran in all directions. 电影院起火时,人们惊慌失措,四处奔逃。
If that politician hadn't gotten angry and lost his head, he would never have slandered his opponent. 如果那位政客不曾动怒,不曾失去自制,他绝不会诽谤对手的。
I'm very sorry I lost my head completely, but I promise you it won't happen again. 我很后悔当时我完全失去了理智,但是我向你保证,以后不再发生这样的事。
The young technical innovator didn't lose heart though the new system was not yet brought into a workable condition. 尽管这种新系统尚未达到切实可行的状况,这位青年技术革新者也没有泄气。
He lost heart when he heard that she was going to marry. 当听说她要出嫁时,他很失望。
Coward as he was, he lost heart at the news. 他是个懦夫,听到这个消息就灰心了。
She seemed to lose heart in the business after that. 从那以后,她对这事似乎心灰意冷了。
John studies very hard and never loses heart in face of difficulties. 约翰学习非常努力,在困难面前从不灰心。
She never loses heart whatever she does. 无论她做什么,她从不灰心。
The actor has lost his hold of the fans. 这位演员对戏迷已不再有吸引力了。
He lost a lot of money over coffee. 他在喝咖啡上花了不少钱。
Poor old Bernard has started shouting at strangers in the street;he must have lost his marbles. 可怜的老伯纳德开始在大街上朝陌生人大喊大叫,他准是疯了。
He lost no time in returning to the laboratory. 他立刻回到实验室。
We lost no time in making a decision. 我们立即作出决定。
The doctor lost no time in prescribing a treatment and writing out a prescription. 医生立刻写了疗法并且开出处方。
I lost no time in sending the joyful news to my parents at home. 我立刻把喜讯传给了家里的父母。
He is apt to lose his temper. 他很容易发怒。
The nurses in the kindergarten never lose their temper even if the children are very naughty. 即使孩子非常淘气,幼儿园的阿姨也从不发脾气。
I dare say nothing when my father loses his temper. 父亲发火时,我什么也不敢说。
It's no good losing your temper over trifles. 为小事发脾气实在没好处。
He became angry and completely lost his temper. 他怒气冲天,大发雷霆。
Don't lose your temper so quickly, it will only lead you into trouble. 不要动不动就发脾气,那只会给你带来苦恼和麻烦。
Hearing this sarcastic remark, he lost his temper. 一听到挖苦的话,他就生气。
The naughty boy lost his tongue in the presence of the headmaster. 这顽皮的孩子一到校长面前就不敢作声了。
She had lost her way. 她迷路了。
Be careful not to lose your way. 小心别迷了路。
It's easy to lose your way in the wood on a rainy day. 下雨天在林中很容易迷路。
She walked through the woods in the dark and lost her way. 她在夜间穿过树林,结果迷了路。
The driver was a stranger here so he lost his way in the storm. 这位司机初来乍到,在风暴中迷了路。
In order not to lose my way coming back,I choose the wide road. 为了在回来时不迷路,我走大路。
In no circumstances should a well-educated person lose his senses. 在任何情况下,受过良好教育的人都不能丧失理智。
The doctor advised John to lose weight. 医生建议约翰减肥。
He has lost much weight since he began to diet. 自从节食以来,他的体重减轻了许多。
Do write me as often as you can.I don't want to lose touch with you. 务必要经常给我写信,我不愿同你失去联系。
No one whom he has taught seems ever to lose touch with him. 他教过的学生似乎都与他保持联系。
He's lost all track of her since they left school. 自毕业后,他完全失去了和她的联系。
After Jones moved to London, we lost all track of him. 自从琼斯搬到伦敦后,我们就完全和他失去了联系。
We lost all track of time. 我们完全不知是什么时候了。
John lost track of the money he spent this month. 约翰记不清他这个月花了多少钱。
He soon lost track of how much money he had spent. 他很快就记不清自己花了多少钱。
We must not lose sight of this fact. 我们一定不要忽略这个事实。
Under no circumstances should we lose sight of our main objective. 在任何情况下,我们都不能忘记自己的宗旨。
They lost sight of the reasons for which they went to war. 他们忘记了他们去打仗的理由。
No matter how rich and famous he became, he never lost sight of the fact that he was born in the slums. 无论他已多么富有和出名,他从不忘记他出生于贫民窟。
These grand schemes are all very well, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that somebody has to pay for them. 这些宏伟的计划当然十分好,但我们别忘了,得有人要为它们出钱。
We lost sight of him in the crowd. 我们在人群里看不见他了。
At a distance you lose sight of the town. 在远处,你看不见这个城市。
We soon lost sight of the boat in the dense fog. 我们很快就看不见那条淹没在浓雾中的船只了。
We watched the plane go higher and higher until we lost sight of it. 我们看着飞机越飞越高,直到看不见为止。
At last the islanders lost sight of the vessel. 最后,岛上的居民看不见那只船了。
I have lost sight of my old friend for many years. 我已多年没有老友的音讯了。
We have lost sight of him since he went abroad . 在他出国以后,我们就失去了联系。
I have lost sight of him entirely. 我和他完全失掉了联系。
1
The books seem to be lost. 那些书好像是丢失了。
Your labour will not be lost. 你们的努力不会白费。
用作双宾动词S+~+ pron./n. + n./pron.
This mistake will lose you many marks. 这个错误要扣你好多分。
This fatal miscalculation lost them the final victory. 这个致命的错误估计使他们未能夺得最后胜利。
Failure to pay one instalment would lose them all that they have already paid. 分期付款中只要一期不付,就会使他们失去全部已付款项。
The strike has lost that U.S. firm lots of profits. 这次罢工使那家美国公司损失了大笔利润。