My only idea was to prevent the woman from speaking.
我唯一的想法就是不让那女人讲话。
I am very sorry that a previous engagement prevents me from accepting your kind invitation.
很抱歉,因为我已另有约会不能接受你好意的邀请。
Let nothing prevent you from doing your duty.
不要让任何事情妨碍你尽你的职责。
This will prevent them from abusing their power and enjoying special privileges.
这就可以防止他们滥用权力,享受特权。
We should take measures to prevent the flood from threatening that area.
我们应该采取措施防止洪水威胁那地区。
Metals are usually coated with paint to prevent them from rusting.
通常在金属上涂漆以防止生锈。
What prevents rays from entering your eyes?
什么阻止光线进入你的眼睛?
His prompt action prevented the fire from spreading.
他的果断行动制止了火势的蔓延。
Who prevents their plans from being carried out?
谁会阻止他们实施自己的计划呢?
We must try to prevent our environment from being polluted.
我们应该防止环境受到污染。
I have been unavoidably prevented from coming.
我身不由己,不能前来。
I was prevented by illness from joining in the competition.
我因病未能参加竞赛。
Unless we get more funding we'll be prevented from finishing our experimental programme.
我们如果得不到更多的经费,将无法完成实验计划。
They were prevented from stealing the car by a smart policeman.
一名机警的警察使他们盗车未遂。
She prevented him to go.
该句是错误的表达。